Posted 30 May 2014
Tamara Di Carlantonio, +41 61 687 7201.
The Fellow will receive scientific mentoring from both Roche and its academic partners and gain research experience from both academic and industrial perspectives. The project focuses on the elucidation of the role of microglia in Alzheimer’s disease. Using genetic models, we aim to investigate the impact of dysregulated immune receptor signaling on cell damage-associated inflammation in the brain. The position will be based partly at Roche in Basel, Switzerland ,and partly at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich (academic mentor: Prof. Dr. Christian Haass).
The Fellow will:
- perform cutting-edge research in basic neuroscience as well as structural and functional imaging technologies;
- be responsible for experimental work, data analysis and detailed written records and notebooks;
- be expected to publish data in top-tier journals, attend and present at international meetings and collaborate across groups in the research unit.
The position is sponsored by the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and is initially limited to two years.
The successful candidate will be someone who wants to influence his or her own own development and pursue interests across functions and geographies. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a demonstrated track record in basic research, interested in pursuing an academic-style postdoc in an industry setting. Further qualifications are:
- a Ph.D. degree (obtained no longer than four years ago);
- a strong background in neuroscience and knowledge of molecular and cellular mechanisms implicated in AD;
- expertise in the field of microglia physiology and neuroinflammation;
- experience with transgenic AD mouse models and practical knowledge with animal work;
- a broad-based interest in state-of-the art, in-vivo MRI and microscopy;
- a good publication record;
- strong problem-solving and organizational skills, and a good sense of urgency;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Applications must contain a CV with publication list and a motivational letter. To apply, go to the company's website.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.