Ph.D. Student Position
Posted 31 Jul 2013
AlzeCure/University of Gothenburg
The application should be received at the latest by 23 June 2013 and include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, employments within or outside of academia
- Copies of educational certificates
- Names, email and telephone number of two-three references (describe relation to applicant)
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Erik Portelius
Neurochemical pathophysiology and diagnostics research unit
The Sahlgrenska Academy
University of Gothenburg
Phone: +46 31 343 2390
The AlzeCure Foundation together with University of Gothenburg announces a new Ph.D. student position. The Ph.D. candidate will work on evaluating different molecules as potentially new biomarkers in Alzheimer's disease. This is both for diagnostic use as well as for monitoring efficacy following therapeutic treatment. The candidate will be trained in various biochemical and molecular techniques, e.g., mass spectrometry, proteomics, and immunoassays. We aim for translational research and the project will involve both exploratory preclinical biomarker work as well as investigating human AD samples. The unit has extensive experience in clinical AD biomarker research and a strong preclinical neuroscience environment.
- The applicant must have a genuine interest in biomedical/clinical research.
- The candidate should hold a master's degree or equivalent in medicine, pharmacy, biology, molecular biosciences, or related disciplines.
- Experience of working in a biomedical laboratory is highly valuable.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.