Posted 30 May 2014
Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation
New York, New York, U.S.A.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be considered. No phone calls, please.
The ADDF is seeking an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual as a grants assistant. The grants assistant will work together with the current grants assistant to collaboratively manage the administrative components of all proposals, pre and post award. This position is located in New York City and reports to the director of scientific affairs and the executive director/chief science officer.
- Together with the current grants assistant, work to ensure compliance, optimize internal processes, and prepare for peer reviews and panel meetings.
- Coordinate contracting with biotechnology companies and academic institutions.
- Monitor grants outcomes and schedule progress report calls.
- Work with the scientific team on administrative tasks connected with the foundation’s grant-related activities.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of grants database (GIFTS). Refine GIFTS and online application system (IGAM) as necessary. Develop new ways of using the database to improve grant making operations.
- Produce grant reports and grant analyses.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- One to two years experience working in grants management. Experience with MicroEdge GIFTS is highly valued.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.