back to Drugs and Therapies
Important Notice: The Forum does not endorse any medical
product or therapy. ALL medications and supplements
should be taken ONLY under the supervision of a physician,
due to the possibility of side-effects, drug interactions,
Some of the goals of music therapy:
1. Improve self-esteem and quality of life, diminish despair.
2. Gives patient a feeling of success, through remaining capacities to appreciate
3. Improve family attitudes via a context of happy involvement.
4. Improve attitudes, decrease stress among staff members at nursing facility.
5. Provides a link in a team-based approach, combining therapist, caregiver, and
6. Provides venue for informal evaluation, germane to global assessment.
7. Provides insights of patients' musical preferences, which may assist in settling-in
process at a new placement.
(see Bright, R., 1992)